We are seeking chapter contributions (7,000-9,000 words) and section contributions (roughly 1,000 words) on a range of topics for the first volume of the History of Applied Science and Technology open textbook, led by Danielle Skjelver (UMUC).
Authors should have experience teaching first-year history courses, as the text is aimed at first-year undergraduate students. We are currently looking for authors for the following chapters and sections:
- Egyptian and Babylonian Science before 500 BCE (~1,000 words)
- Doing History (primary source section) before 500 BCE (500-1,000 words including source text)
- Greek World 500 BCE-500 CE (~1,000 words)
- North Africa 500 BCE-500 CE (~1,000 words)
- Oceania 500 BCE-500 CE (~1,000 words)
- Doing History 500 BCE-500 CE (500-1,000 words including source text)
- Golden Age of Islam 500-1400 CE (7-9,000 words)
If you’re interested in participating, please contact Danielle Skjelver and include details of your teaching and research experience. We welcome contributions from faculty and Ph.D. students (ABD), and encourage interest and contributions from members of underrepresented groups within the history community.